Wednesday, November 03, 2004

All is lost

Kerry has conceded. And the votes aren't even counted yet.

Well, I guess all I can say is that I hope the country makes it through the next four years. Shit--I hope I make it through the next four years.

The only upshot to this that I can see is that liberals can in no way be held responsible for what happens now. Rehnquist will resign soon--the right will have their reactionary Supreme Court. They'll have all three branches of government, and control of the media as well.

It's my belief that any possibility of Americans solving this problem for ourselves has now passed. We had our chance.

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the votes have been counted and your side lost, as it should have. Kerry was weak, face it, at least half the democrats didn't vote FOR Kerry as much as they voted against Bush. The democrats could have run a potted plant and they would have voted for it over Bush. Which is part of the reason that the democrats lost, they DIDN'T really have a platform that extended beyond - 'Hey, he's not Bush' - and that wasn't enough for most of America.

The democrats associated, heck embraced people like Soros, Moore, the unkept, smelly protesters outside the RNC, it did not resonate with the typical American. I'M a typical American and all the above drove me to the republicans. The policies espoused by the democrats weren't anything like the values that I hold dear to - I couldn't identify with the democratic party in any way, shape or form.

Yes, I hope, I pray that there are 4 or 5 vacancies in the Supreme Court within the next 4 years; I want people on the court that represent core American values, which the democrats are not in touch with. I want folks on the court who adhere to the constitution, not assume to change the constitution (which is what I see the 'progressives' wanting to do). The ONLY way I could be happier is if the win had been as lopsided as it was when McGovern lost.

I'll be saying many 'thank you' prayers to the Lord for about the next week. This was a GREAT win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home