Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Chunks, Eggs en Phoenix

I've decided I'm going to take a stab at this blog again. Recent events relating to one of my other blogs somehow managed to spur my interest in this. I've been noodling along on Wordpress.com for a couple years now, but in general I find that platform to be rather frustrating, for various reasons, not least of which is that I can't even choose the damn font on the layout that I like. Also, the user interface is just too cluttered, in my opinion.

It's been a while since I've been active here, and a lot has happened in the meantime. I find that many of my political views have evolved, so much so that I may have to go back through old posts to see if what I wrote is even consistent with what I believe anymore. I assume I will find many such posts, and that then raises the question of what to do about them. There are various possibilities. 1) Delete them. I tend to be loathe to do this, however. 2) Add some kind of notation at the beginning, indicating that the post is no longer reflective of my views. A more reasonable approach, to be sure. 3) Same as #2, except also adding a new post indicating my current views on the subject, and crosslinking the two posts. This is an ideal, one which I can easily see myself sliding away from. So I'm not going to do it every time.

I also need to look at some potential layout changes, mostly to sidebar links and such. I had an idea of trying to organize third-party links according to how they fit in with this blog, i.e. science, technology, politics. A lot of the links there may also be defunct or out of date now, too.

Of course, all of this is predicated on whether or not I can manage to find time to actually do all of this stuff. ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home